Friday, November 15, 2013

Cragg Vale 11-11-13

I had a wander around the pine plantation at Turvin Clough to see if I could find the H. hypothejus but I couldn't find it so I'll have scurry around the area to see if I can find it in another location in the next few weeks or so. I did however manage to find quite a few different species along the way.



Snakeskin Brownie (Hypholoma marginatum). I found these trooping on the pine needle litter and on dead pine logs. The caps have a pale margin with white velar remnants and the stems were covered in silky scales that were easily rubbed away. 





The broadly adnate gills were pale olivaceous/buff, but they do turn brown with age.


An immature specimen with veil.


Peeling Oysterling (Crepidotus mollis).


Sheathed Woodtuft (Kuehneromyces mutabilis) - above and below.





Butter Cap (Rhodocollybia butyracea).


Sulphur Tuft (Hypholoma fasciculare). 


Stinkhorn (Phallus impudicus) - I thought they must have all gone by now!


Candlesnuff Fungus (Xylaria hypoxylon).



Purple Jellydisc (Ascocoryne sarcoides).


Asci eight spored, paraphyses filiform - some of them forked with swollen tips.



Asci tips blued with Melzer's. Spores 2 guttulate, 2-3 septate, 14-20 x 3-5. 


Common Jelly Spot (Dacrymyces stillatus). 


Common Rustgill (Gymnopilus penetrans)


Cheilocystidia bottle shaped with a rounded head.


Spores almond shaped, warty, 7-8.5 x 4-5.



Ophiocordyceps ditmarii



White Saddle (Helvella crispa).


Turkeytail (Trametes versicolor) and Hairy Curtain Crust (Trametes hirsutum)


Clustered Bonnet (Mycena inclinata).



Scutellinia sp. that I will never identify because I lost the specimen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment